Wobbel Board - Original Laquered
WOBBEL is a balance board, a swing, a bridge, a shop, a hut, a step, a racetrack, a lounge seat, or an elephants back, and more! Wobbel boards invite movement and play indoors; stimulate creativity and imagination; encourage strength, balance and poise; and have practical uses too. Children instinctively know what the possibilities are and keep discovering new ways to play with the Wobbel.
Wobbel is a beautiful and robust redesign of a traditional Steiner (Waldorf) balance board (the vision of two Waldorf families in The Netherlands). Wobbel is for all ages and due to its length (90cm) grows with your child – a young child can crawl into it and gently rock back and forth, while older children will build their gross motor skills. Wobbel is great for playing, interacting and getting fit together! A Wobbel is more than that though! Children will use the Wobbel in all sorts of ways in imaginary play, as a bridge for animals and vehicles, a base for building, or even a roof or home for toys.
- Gets them moving indoors!
- Builds strength and a sense of balance and coordination
- Is calming and therapeutic
- Engages left and right brain and assists sensory Integration
- Used in imaginative and open-ened play
- Felted-base option which allows a non.-slip surface for building with toys, and in use around the home for a step and a stool.
- Used by Occupational Therapists & Phsyiotherapists; Educators and Waldorf Extra-Lesson teachers.
Because Wobbel is tested up to 200kg, both the Original and XL can be used by Adults too.
- Builds core strength and muscle tone
- Assists your Yoga practise - encourages balance & flexibilty
- For rehabilitation - pelvic floor strength, mobility of joints etc
- Relaxation and stress release.
- Wobbel is suitable for children and adults of all ages from 0+
- Our board is CE saftety tested to European and Australian standards.
- Tested to take weight up to 200kg so it can be used for Adults too.
- A board length of 90cm means it grows with your family and is suitable for older children
- Made from natural materials and chemical free.
- Finished with water-based translucent lacquer.
- Made sustainably in Europe (not just designed in Europe).
- Made from FSC sustainable Beechwood (not birchwood)
- The ECO felt layer is made from natural wool and water-based paints and allows you the option of a soft, non-slip arch for using around the home for sitting, standing and toy building.
- Uses ethical labour in Europe and has a low eco footprint.
- Designed and owned by two Dutch Waldorf families - supporting small business.
HOW IS WOBBEL MADE?
Wobbel have not compromised on quality and only use the best materials. Producing a Wobbel is a complex process that we sourced from the best wood bending factory in Europe. The Wobbel is made of pressed sustainable European beech wood, treated with waterbased paints and varnishes. Wobbel choose beechwood as it is a European timber that has the same incredible strength as oak as opposed to birchwood which is about 25% softer. As Wobbel are made in Europe, the eco footprint is also smaller compared to products where European timbers are shipped off to Asian factories.
The felted base is recommended if you intend to use your Wobbel on any surface other than carpet or a rug. The felt base will protect your floors and dampen the sound. It also adds a non-slippery and softer surface when the Wobbel is being used as a seat or step. (see separate product to order a Wobbel with a felted base)
Always let children play under adult supervison. Help children to get used to the Wobbel and assist them as needed. Teach your child to never hold the edges, and to be aware of fingers and toes getting caught under the board. Provide at least 2 meters of free space (also to other children) around the Wobbel and place on a flat, horizontal surface. Barefoot and non-slip shoes prevent slipping. Wobbel is designed for indoor play; it may be used outdoors but this will increase wear and tear to the board and the felt base.